Easier shopping is here!

For those that wanted easier shopping, click on the shopping tab above or visit http://www.amychomas.com/

We are now taking credit card payments, or you can still use paypal! Any questions, you can send them to amyc222@yahoo.com

Want to learn how to use your new holders? Look to the right of my blog to see everything in categories!





Thursday, July 08, 2010

Say you are making some cards and you can't find the right stamp, what do you do now? How about using your Cricut with the mini gel pen holder?
This is where Design Studio comes in handy! To start, I chose the cupcakes from Sweet Treats, which has some cute parts to draw on. On one page, which I renamed the cut page, I add all of my cuts for the cupcakes.


Then I layer the cupcakes I want to draw on top of these cupcakes, and copy and paste them onto the next page.



Then I cut the cut page, and without removing my mat, I switch out the blade for the mini gel pen holder, and some of the new colors of mini gel pens that are available now, and draw the draw page. This is what you get when that is all done...


I did the same for the "you're invited" tags for my cards. I started adding ovals to my page. I then fit the "you're invited" and squiggly lines inside of these ovals, then copied and pasted the ovals onto another page.



Again, cut the cut page, and draw the draw page with some of the new mini gel pen colors, and you get this...

They look just like they have been stamped! You never have to worry about not having the right stamp again, you can make your own!
I finished these projects with some patterned papers from SEI, added some ribbons to the cards, and then added the cupcakes, and labels, finishing them off with some Stickles for added bling! This was a quick way to get a lot of invitations done!
Here are the finished products...






2 comments:

Diana Joy said...

ahhh; very clever. I just ordered some of the gel pens for my cricut and can hardly wait to play with them. tfs.

SherriC. said...

So cute, great idea, sometimes I just can't find the right stamp...