Easier shopping is here!

For those that wanted easier shopping, click on the shopping tab above or visit http://www.amychomas.com/

We are now taking credit card payments, or you can still use paypal! Any questions, you can send them to amyc222@yahoo.com

Want to learn how to use your new holders? Look to the right of my blog to see everything in categories!





Monday, November 05, 2018

Embossing metal sheets with the Cricut Maker & Explore

Did you know with a stylus in the Chomas Creations adjustable pen holder and a Chomas Creations embossing mat you can emboss on thin metal sheets?  Oh yes you heard that right!  I got this design in the Cricut Design Space store.  They have some that are perfect for embossing, or what they are made for, writing.  Keep in mind no design you pick is going to fill in. This set up will also work for the entire line of Explore machines.

Here is a video so you can see it in action!

Here is the set up in the Maker, which will also work in the entire line of Explore machines.  I added the embossing mat to my existing Cricut mat.  This was a brand new mat, if you have an old one handy you can always clean it but may need to add more sticky to the mat.
Its easy to get the piece of metal to stick, just add a bit of adhesive in each corner.  Notice I didn't use much.

Make sure you flip your design in Design Space if it includes a font like this design did.
I used a piece of Scotch Brite to do a light sanding and really make the design pop.

Be careful as the edges of this can be sharp.  I did fold them over for this design.  

Here is a closer look at the tool in the machine.  Notice it is on the left side in the Chomas Creations adjustable pen holder.  I did select write so that it would use the tool on the left side.  Notice the engraver is on the right side.  I did not use it in this design but I needed the clamp to close.








Like what you see? Leave a comment to let me know! Thanks Amy Chomas

1 comment:

unknown said...

Wow, this is new for me...I really like it and thanks for sharing the tips of embossing. We offer embossing die sets. contact us for more details.