Easier shopping is here!

For those that wanted easier shopping, click on the shopping tab above or visit http://www.amychomas.com/

We are now taking credit card payments, or you can still use paypal! Any questions, you can send them to amyc222@yahoo.com

Want to learn how to use your new holders? Look to the right of my blog to see everything in categories!





Sunday, March 08, 2015

The difference between the pen and marker Chomas Creations adjustable holders

I have so many people asking why both a pen and marker holder?  After asking people if they would want one of both, for the reasons shown, we all decided on both, as people did want both options!  But keep in mind you can always just use the marker holder for holding pens to, you just won't be able to center them like you see below.

This cute bear shape from Lettering Delights has a ring around it as the bonus layer.  I used the Chomas Creations adjustable pen holder with a Sakura Souffle gel pen to draw the ring.  The Souffle pens dry puffy, I just love them!  Of course this means you should let them have extra dry time before you touch them or they will smear!

Now I'm often asked what the difference between the Chomas Creations adjustable pen holder and adjustable marker holder.  The biggest difference of course is the size.  The adjustable pen holder holds pens up to 3/8 inch while the adjustable marker holder goes up to 1/2 inch.  The biggest problem with putting a gel pen in the adjustable marker holder is how far off center the gel pen will end up.


Now, if you were to draw with the gel pen in the adjustable marker holder it is going to be way off center.  If you try to cut a design like I showed above it will end up drawing the ring outside of the design.


Notice how the gel pen is centered inside of the adjustable pen holder.

When you draw and cut with the gel pen inside the adjustable pen holder your ring will be centered inside your design!


I also used the Chomas Creations adjustable marker holder with a Prismacolor Permier to draw the font around my design.  This is the Lettering Delights thin font called Typewriter.





Like what you see? Leave a comment to let me know!

13 comments:

quilt4fun2 said...

Great job showing why we need the right holder...cute project too.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Ruth G said...

Love the look of the gel pen on the brown, which is of course the perfect color with the bear! I'll definitely be checking out the LD Simple Shapes to use with my Chomas gel pen holder!

Tammy said...

Love this project AMy!! Great job !! Thank you for your continual love and expertise:) be blessed
~Beyond Measure
Tammy
www.urbeyondmeasure.com

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hi Amy,

haha, I'm SAVING up to buy one of your pen holders etc - you're DEF on my "wish list" When I DO get your items I'm going to play and PLAY and then do a promo on my blog of your products, I just KNOW they can make magic (itching to HAVE!!!)

Blessings!

Tam said...

U know Amy I owe you and apology. I am the smart a$$ that said I could not see buying 2 different pen and marker holders, but after reading and seeing what you have posted here it sure does make a difference. And I am sorry for being nasty and thank you for the explanation.

Anonymous said...

It seems like you could put a screw on both sides of the marker holder like the silhouette pen holder and be able to keep the gel pen centered. Would that work?

Amy Chomas said...

We thought about that but it would limit the types of pens and markers you could use due to the tips of them, and then trying to center them would be work as well.

Gayle said...

Do you know if the Zig Memory Pen will work in the marker holder?

Amy Chomas said...

Yes Gayle the Zig pens will fit in the marker holder.

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot for discussing this matter. I concur with your conclusions. The points that the data stated are all first hand on actual experiences even help more. If you allow me to share where to buy a good quality pen and marker please check http://www.artistsupplysource.com/category/50585/markers-and-pens/, you can choose a lots of pen and markers that suit on your budget, also check http://www.michaels.com/shop-now/art-supplies/809187942 for some art supplies.

Unknown said...

Will sharpie fine point marker & extra fine point pens work with the Chromos?

Amy Chomas said...

Alice it depends on which machine you are using. They will fit in the adjustable marker holder but won't fit in the older Cricut machines.

Sandi Marson said...

Hi Amy, which holder would you recommend for the sharpie ultra fine marker. I am actually wanting to write on tags for shower thank you tags and thought these markers would be less likely to smudge. I have a Silhouette Cameo machine.