Easier shopping is here!

For those that wanted easier shopping, click on the shopping tab above or visit http://www.amychomas.com/

We are now taking credit card payments, or you can still use paypal! Any questions, you can send them to amyc222@yahoo.com

Want to learn how to use your new holders? Look to the right of my blog to see everything in categories!





Sunday, November 20, 2011

Holy glitter ornaments Batman!

If you are looking for the Disney/Pixar blog hop, scroll down to the next post (of course you can take your time looking at the glittery ornaments on the way  hehe!)


Well my craft show was yesterday and I wanted to try out the glitter ornaments (I've been wanting to for a couple of years now!), so I gave it a shot!  My kids even got to help, well until they got bored! 
These were super easy to do! 
All you need is...
Clear glass ornaments
Pledge with Future Shine (yes floor wax, in my house!  it is a clear bottle with a blue lid)
Ultra fine glitter

And it is as simple as 1,2,3...
1. Swish the floor wax around the inside of the glass ornament, poor out the excess
2. Add the glitter, shake around, and poor out excess
3. Add ribbon and vinyl!

Of course you can skip #3, but I didn't want to!  Notice how all my designs are thin lettering or snowflakes, any thick, solid filled design will be near impossible to get onto a round bulb.  Stick with delicate shapes like what I chose here.
Here are the ornaments I got done! 







Looks like I was busy!! hehe!


Like what you see? Leave a comment to let me know!

29 comments:

scraplady said...

I love them all but my favorite is the one with the flamingos. I have a tree with just flamings on it. Thanks for sharing.
Tina

Anonymous said...

How did you get yhose beautiful pics and lettering on the ornaments?

Stephanie said...

Beautiful Amy! I have a whole set I'm working on too--so fun!

krafting kelly said...

Puts my ornaments to shame. I absolutely love these!

Erin said...

Love the color combos you used!

A tip - I just did a bunch of these myself - I got better glitter coverage if I slowly swirled the glitter around the inside (by rotating the ornament slowly) and using a lot more glitter than you think you're going to need. When I shook them it seemed like I didn't get quite as good coverage, and with the lighter colors of glitter it was sometimes obvious!

Angie S said...

These are fabulous & yes you have been busy. tfs

Caroline said...

really pretty!

Anonymous said...

These are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! tfs :-)

Lisa said...

these are so pretty!!! wow!

Lisa G
lkgra@hotmail.com
http://lisa-scrappingspot.blogspot.com/

Jana said...

These are gorgeous!! I need to give this a try. I need to find me some glitter!

Jessica Buffa said...

Wow, Amy, these are super fantastic. Oh so pretty and oh so shimmery!!!
:O)
Jessica

Anonymous said...

HiAmy. I would love to know what size was the the designs cut and how big were your ornaments. I also love the tutorial that you did with this. Thanks Casey

Mickey's Craft World said...

THESE ARE SOOO MUCH FUN TO DO...I DID THEM LAST YEAR AND THEY CAME OUT BEAUTIFUL....I LOVE THE TOUCH OF RIBBON AND VINYL....I AM GOING TO DO MORE WITH YOUR STYLE..LOL...

Anonymous said...

I am having a really difficult time finding the glitter, especially the bright collors you used. Where can I find some?

Amy Chomas said...

Casey, it was easiest staying around 1 1/2 inches in height, you don't want them too big it makes them harder to put on.

The glitter I got was mostly from Michaels, it was a Recollections brand.

The Craftin Mama said...

Your's came out awesome!!! I'm making these too this year, so simple yet soooo beautiful!! TFS.

Hug's and Happy Craftin :)

Ildi-Getting Cricky SrDTM
The Craftin Mama
Please visit me too!
Webmasters Earn Money Here!
ildij3@verizon.net

-Candi said...

Amy where did you find the D? I'd like to get a really clean trace on one (or a font version) so I can make my DH an ornament (Tigers fan).

Thanks!
Candi

Amy Chomas said...

Candi, I just did a google search for a Detroit Lions logo, then took the biggest sized file I could find, then did the trace in Make the Cut.

-Candi said...

Thanks Amy, I'll try the same!

jers52 said...

Truly gorgeous!

Tiffany said...

Love this! I'm going to have to talk my friend into cutting the vinyl for me because these are going to be tied to the tops of all my presents this year. Thanks for the idea!

Dianna said...

How does the wax stay on the sides of the ornaments? I would think it would drip down to the bottom.

Amy Chomas said...

The floor wax does just stick. You have to make sure to move it around in there to get it all over, but it sticks good enough to do this!

Anita Braddock said...

Beautiful Ornaments love the colors and the embellishments.

Tina said...

These are so pretty... what font did you use for joy and peace.

Amy Chomas said...

Tina they are not a font, they are Studio files. Thanks Amy

Anonymous said...

What are studio files? I'd love to put the lettering, etc. on mine, but have no clue how to do that. A bit more detailed help, please?

Unknown said...

what kind of paint do you use?

Unknown said...

I was wondering where you get the vinyl? I have some black that came with my cricket machine I just can't find any in stores. Also the cost would be nice.