Easier shopping is here!

For those that wanted easier shopping, click on the shopping tab above or visit http://www.amychomas.com/

We are now taking credit card payments, or you can still use paypal! Any questions, you can send them to amyc222@yahoo.com

Want to learn how to use your new holders? Look to the right of my blog to see everything in categories!





Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Troubleshooting: Maker engraver & precision tip not detected


This will work for both the Cricut Maker and Explore.
The Chomas Creations engraving tip always goes on the right side in place of the blade as shown in the picture. **Make sure you set your project to CUT.** DO NOT set your project to score or engrave as this will not work. When you send your project to be engraved make sure that you choose a fine point blade item for your project. I use the cardstock setting and I change the pressure that and use a mulitcut if necessary. 
Notice it says no tool is required in clamp A. If it is saying you need a tool in clamp A you need to change to a different setting (it needs to be set to CUT). If it is saying it can not detect the tool in slot B you need to change to a different material.
The Chomas Creations engraver and precision tip will work in the Maker with the proper settings chosen, as shown below and listed above. If you are still having issues reach out to me! amychomas@amychomas.com


Like what you see? Leave a comment to let me know! Thanks Amy 

16 comments:

Unknown said...

What of it comes up no blade detected because of the blade detector?

Unknown said...

will you be making a holder for the a side so it can be used on that side as well. It engraves beautifully but I didn't consider when I was getting it that it wouldn't be able to fill in the letters in he B side housing.

Diane said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ORD312 said...

I purchased the engraver/etching tool for my Circut MAKER but I'm not getting the results I was expecting, maybe you can help. All I really want to do is scribe 3 lines of text on a "small" brass nameplate but the letters are always "outlined" and because of the small font being used the finished product is hard to read. Is there a way to simply etch/scribe without outlined characters with the MAKER even if I have to purchase something and possibly use the "A" side?

Unknown said...

The above comment by ORD312 is the same issue I'm having. I'm not looking for my engraving to be outlined. Is there an option in design space or an attachment that can be purchased for slot A so the engraver can be used there?

Unknown said...

I also have tried several times to use your Engraving tip for my maker. My machine also says no blade detected. Is there away to get around this?
Thanks

ORD312 said...

I have found that the engraving tip that I purchased doesn't do what I expected. If you are trying to engrave say a dog tag or some very thin metal or foil, try a styls in clamp A & scribe.

POTEM4 said...

The tool I received (form Amazon) doesn't fit in the clamp B, it is too thick !
It would be nice to add a note how to use it in the tool package.

Unknown said...

Just curious what is the best material to pick when wanting to engrave on Aluminium?

Unknown said...

After trying over and over again I was being stopped by the "Detecting Tool" process. I've been all over the internet and found no help at all. I saw one comment in this thread that led me to choose "Light Chipboard" instead of the Heavy chipboard material. Then it worked! I think the problem must arise when the material selected requires the knife blade rather than the fine tip blade in clamp B.

Such a relief after so much frustration!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

I am trying to make mugs and my machine is supposed to automatically cut out the border. Instead, it says no tool required where the blade goes. I have tried in vain to figure it out. I have done some mugs and it didn't give me this message. I have unplugged my cricut and plugged it back in, uninstalled and reinstalled it..nothing has worked. Sooo frustrating. Can anyone help???

Amy Chomas said...

I have no idea how to make mugs. This is for engraving directions. There are a lot of Cricut facebook groups you can try to ask though. Good luck!

Vickie said...

I tried engraving an acrylic blank today and the machine started too high and stopped in the middle of the design. Then the on/off button flashed and it wouldn’t unload the project. I don’t want to ruin the machine. Do you have an idea what happened?

Unknown said...

I'm having same issue Vickie on my circuit air 2

Amy Chomas said...

Try raising the tip in your blade holder a bit. Because of the thickness of some materials just raising it a bit will help.