Easier shopping is here!

For those that wanted easier shopping, click on the shopping tab above or visit http://www.amychomas.com/

We are now taking credit card payments, or you can still use paypal! Any questions, you can send them to amyc222@yahoo.com

Want to learn how to use your new holders? Look to the right of my blog to see everything in categories!





Monday, March 21, 2011

Using the Chomas Creations mini gel pen holder in the Cricut

I'm hoping this is an easy to follow tutorial on using the Chomas Creations mini gel pen holder in your Cricut!  Feel free to ask any questions in the comments and I will answer them there!  The file to download will be at the bottom of this page.
I generally like to draw with the Chomas Creations mini gel pen holder before I cut.  Just don't want the cuts moving around on me on my mat!
So I start by putting the mini gel pen into the holder.  The point faces out of the big hole, and the flat end goes in.  The small hole is only for the removal of your gel pen (I use whatever is handy, a pen, scissors, stylus, etc...  There is no need for a special tool)

Add your paper to your mat, and put it in the Cricut.  I like to add a piece of scrap paper on top of my paper when I am putting the gel pen into and out of the machine so I don't accidentally write on my project.  The pen goes in place of your blade holder.

I'm using Cricut Design Studio with Birthday Bash for this card.  I named the page I wanted to draw with the blue mini gel pen the blue page.  I used medium pressure and hit the cut button in DS to draw the birthday hats.

Now without removing the mat from the machine, I added my scrap paper, took out the blue mini gel pen, and replaced it with a red mini gel pen and put it back into the machine.  I then use the red layer in DS to draw the birthday hats.

Again leaving the mat in the machine, I took out the red mini gel pen, and added my blade back in.  I then cut the cut page in DS for the card.

Now you can remove the mat from the machine, this is what you will have...

I then added a layered title to the card and some stickles at the bottom!

If you would like to try to recreate this card, the file is available here... birthday hat card
Like what you see? Leave a comment to let me know!

4 comments:

pilotswife2008 said...

I bought the gel pens. An I was wondering how your words don't look shaky? TIA

Amy Chomas said...

Make sure your gel pens are all the way in and the silver tip is on tight.
Using just the Cricut there is little shake, but once you add the computer programs, because of the nodes you are going to get a bit of shake. If you click on my cards, you can see them closer and you will see what I mean.

Maria said...

Great Tutorial!!!

Unknown said...

It's great! I love your pens my friend bought me. I need to see what else I can do with them. :)