Easier shopping is here!

For those that wanted easier shopping, click on the shopping tab above or visit http://www.amychomas.com/

We are now taking credit card payments, or you can still use paypal! Any questions, you can send them to amyc222@yahoo.com

Want to learn how to use your new holders? Look to the right of my blog to see everything in categories!





Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Detroit Tigers with Chomas Creations embossing kit

One of my favorite things to do in the summer is to head to a Detroit Tiger's baseball game!  This year was tons of fun as it was an earlier game and we got to celebrate after in Detroit, and even headed to dinner downtown. 
I used SCAL (Sure Cuts A Lot) for this layout.  You can download images from the internet and then trace them in SCAL.  I did this with the Detroit Tigers symbol and the title.  You can download those files for embossing here... Tigers  As you can see from the image, I added a dashed border around the outside, a feature I just love in SCAL.  I then used the Chomas Creations embossing kit and the Ten Seconds Studios metal sheets (colored side down) to emboss the images.  After they were done, I sanded the raised side to make the images pop, reminds me of the old fashioned signs!

For the background paper for this page, I downloaded a fence image, then used the Chomas Creations mini gel pen holder with the black metallic mini gel pen on kraft cardstock.  You can download the fence image here... fence image
I did the journaling on one of my journaling circles I have tons of, then added to the metal sheet and just cut around it...
You know how sometimes someone hops into your pictures, and you really just don't want them there?  Well that explains the clever placing of buttons on my photo! 

A heads up that by clicking the shop button at the top of my blog, you will be brought to my online store.  While it doesn't look pretty yet, it does work, and I can now take credit cards, as well as paypal.  Prettiness to come later, as soon as I get this zen cart thing figured out, UGH!




Like what you see? Leave a comment to let me know!

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Very cool! I am looking forward to summer to finally play around with SCAL. I need to invest in some metal sheets as well. How do you like the Colorbok metalic sheets?

Amy Chomas said...

I didn't realize I actually had some on hand lol! I had gotten them in a 2 pack from Target for $.99!!! What a deal! I did a Mickey Mouse card with the engraving tip on one and it turned out ssooooooooo cool!!! Thanks for sharing though! How much were they at M's?

Anonymous said...

Amy, this is beautifully done, however the logo is trademark protected. I know of a small company that was sued for producing a very few t shirts with a college logo. I would hate for you to suffer the consequences they did.

Melissa said...

LOVE THIS!!!! And wahooooooooo that you can now take credit cards! That embossing tip is calling my name!

Jeannette C said...

Looks great Amy!
We try to do a game in Detroit every year too. Dh is a Blue Jay fan, I grew up a Tiger fan, so we aim to see the two together.

Caroline said...

Hi Amy,

This is a great project. In your posting you mention the "dashed border" feature in SCAL. Would you please tell me how you make the dashed border happen? I didn't know SCAL could do that and I can't seem to find it in the menu. Is there a trick to making it happen?

Thanks a million for your help!

Caroline