Easier shopping is here!

For those that wanted easier shopping, click on the shopping tab above or visit http://www.amychomas.com/

We are now taking credit card payments, or you can still use paypal! Any questions, you can send them to amyc222@yahoo.com

Want to learn how to use your new holders? Look to the right of my blog to see everything in categories!





Monday, May 02, 2011

Nifty Mother's Day card with Chomas Creations mini gel pen holder

First super quick!  Last day to vote for my blog for the Top 25 mom shops!  It only takes a second, there are no forms to fill out, you just click on the thumbs up next to my logo!  Here is the link, or you can click on the logo for the Top 25 on the left side of my blog... Top 25 mom shops
Now onto my card...

I didn't go with the traditional Mother's Day card for my mom this year, I wanted bright, and FUN!  If there are 2 things my mom loves, it is pink flamingoes, and pink poodles!  So the Nifty Fifties cartridge comes in handy when it comes to doing things for my mom lol!  I like the retro shapes for layers on this cartridge, and wanted to use it to make my card.  But I didn't want to lose the shape with welding, so I figured out a different way!  This file will be available for download if you would like to try it... nifty poodle file


To get this card to keep its shape, I cut the retro shape out twice, as you can see here.  I used the Chomas Creations embossing tip on part of the back of the card, and embossed (or scored) where my card would be folded.  There is no need for a Cricut mat to get this scored image, just use your regular Cricut mat.  I have a tutorial on using the Chomas Creations embossing tip for scoring cards here... embossing tip tutorial for scoring cards
After I folded the back of my card where I scored it, I added some super sticky double sided tape to the spot where the card would adhere, so it is never coming apart! 

I used the Chomas Creations mini gel pen holder with the black metallic mini gel pen from the assorted pack to draw the poodle, then  colored it in with Copic markers. I also added some of the Silhouette fuzzy vinyl as the hair on the poodle for texture.
Here is the finished card!



Like what you see? Leave a comment to let me know!

2 comments:

Bunnyfreak said...

Adorable poodle. I just got done voting for you.

Carrie K said...

I just voted for you. Good Luck!!!