Easier shopping is here!

For those that wanted easier shopping, click on the shopping tab above or visit http://www.amychomas.com/

We are now taking credit card payments, or you can still use paypal! Any questions, you can send them to amyc222@yahoo.com

Want to learn how to use your new holders? Look to the right of my blog to see everything in categories!





Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Tutorial filling in fonts with internal offset

I got so many questions on how I filled my design on my last post that I figured I would do a quick tutorial for you!  It is actually quite easy and takes less then a minute!  The designs are all Studio downloads.
Click on the offset feature (1) then click on internal offset (2).  You can adjust the offset up and down to space the lines inside your design (3).
Make sure you highlight the outside of your design each time you do this and keep changing the offset up and down until it looks full.  This is a small design, so I did the internal offset 4 times and it completely filled in my design. 
I then added a Sakura Moonlight Gelly roll gel pen to the Chomas Creations adjustable pen holder, adjusted the thickness to 6 and the speed to 3 and drew my design.  Notice that my design is moved away from the white rollers to prevent smearing.


And here is my finished card!!!  Doesn't it look like chalk on chalkboard!





Like what you see? Leave a comment to let me know!

12 comments:

Cindy Pope said...

Amy, we love you over at the MCSilies facebook group site thanks for all your help and wonderful tutorials. And of course the wonderful engravin tip for the silhouette that we couldn't do without. Cindy

Cindy Pope said...

Hi Amy a quick question on the new version 3 cutting selection of convert strokes to outlines. Have you played around with this yet? Does it work with lettering? Thks Cin

Amy Chomas said...

Thanks so much Cindy!
I am in the middle of a kitchen remodel and haven't had a chance to download or play! UGH! But my kitchen will look pretty! So it is all good!
And you are very welcome! I love what you girls are doing with it!

melba said...

how can I used the pen holder and the cut function with my silhouette cameo. I've been trying but it cuts on top of the sketch made with the pen? thanks.

Amy Chomas said...

You need a shadow around the object you drew, then you cut that. It can not be on top of each other.

Dee Roberts said...

That is beautiful, what font from Silhouette did you use?

Amy Chomas said...

It isn't a font, but a design in Design Studio available for download.

Anonymous said...

I just love the versatility the Chomsa pen holder give me when I'm creating with my Cricut Explore. Loved them so much I ordered a set for my friend. I'm a card maker & she does scrapbooking. We are both amazed at how many possibilities we now have. One day we even went through every type of pens & markers we had & were amazed at the possibilities. Thank you Susan

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Third time and place I'm asking the same question, hoping it gets seen :(
How do you do this on the Cricut? Thanks.

Unknown said...

Did you ever find this answer?! It's driving me crazy!

Amy Chomas said...

You would need mini gel pens and you can still use the same Chomas Creations pen holder. I do have a Facebook group where it is easier for me to see questions.