Easier shopping is here!

For those that wanted easier shopping, click on the shopping tab above or visit http://www.amychomas.com/

We are now taking credit card payments, or you can still use paypal! Any questions, you can send them to amyc222@yahoo.com

Want to learn how to use your new holders? Look to the right of my blog to see everything in categories!





Friday, March 04, 2016

Magnetic boards with the Chomas Creations adjustable marker holder


When I found out that Sharpie made oil based markers that could write on glass and metal, I had to go get some!  I bought these magnetic scallop boards thinking I could make cute Christmas presents with them, but I wanted to give them a personal touch.  In came the Sharpie paint markers.  I added the white marker to the Chomas Creations adjustable marker holder in the Cameo to draw this design.  Being I wanted a true single line font, I used Make the Cut with the Lettering Delights thin font called Swirl. 
I used a speed of 1 and a thickness of 1 to draw the design.  Keep in mind this metal board is double sided, and I did play with different speeds and thicknesses, this is what worked best and didn't smear. I also suggest you keep your design on the mat until it dries.
As you can see in the picture I used some painters tape to add this metal board to my mat in each corner.  The board is stiff so I added something under the end hanging out of the machine to support the metal board.  I do need to figure out some fun magnets for this board.  If anyone has any ideas on where to get any strong ones, please let me know!




Like what you see? Leave a comment to let me know!

7 comments:

Shari Dancer-Thomas said...

Clever! Where did you find the magnetic boards? Great gifts!

Amy Chomas said...

They have these at Joanns, and sometimes you can find them at Pick Your Plum.

Nana said...

This board turned out beautifully. Love the font and the shape of the board is too cute.
Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Rebecca said...

There you go enabling me again! LOL! I just made two of these boards for my classroom using vinyl. I never thought about drawing on them. Now I am wondering if the engraphing tip woul work. I bet it will.

mrsbbeaber said...

Nice! I'd like to know where your black thingys are on your Cameo bar??? Did you take them out purposely, and would they make this project smear? Thank you!

Amy Chomas said...

I did remove them from my machine. They can be slid to the right or left though if you want to keep them on. I have had no issues since removing them over 3 years ago.

Carmel Industries said...

Well, here are sharing such a great content about paint marker. Thanks for sharing such a good ideas!