Easier shopping is here!

For those that wanted easier shopping, click on the shopping tab above or visit http://www.amychomas.com/

We are now taking credit card payments, or you can still use paypal! Any questions, you can send them to amyc222@yahoo.com

Want to learn how to use your new holders? Look to the right of my blog to see everything in categories!





Friday, March 03, 2017

Engraving glass with the Chomas Creations engraving tip

A HUGE thanks goes out to Terrie Wytosick for sharing this tutorial and letting me add it to my blog!  Terrie, I am in AWE here! 
Terrie did tell me she added a mat under the machine to catch any glass pieces, and note how she took it to the sink to rinse off the glass shavings, I would NOT brush this off with your hands for sure :) 
Again Terrie thanks so much for sharing! 
This is with the Chomas Creations engraving tip in the Explore.  You could do the same with the other machines, just make sure to use a light pressure so as not to crack the glass.











Like what you see? Leave a comment to let me know!

6 comments:

Chris P's Minis and More said...

I aw this on Facebook! So glad you have a blog I can refer to it's amazing!! I am still too scared to try this....

Unknown said...

I tried this last night & mine broke taking it off the mat. I guess I misunderstood because on my second try I ran the mat UNDER water while taking off the glass and that worked so much better. I think my glass might have been different thicknesses because the second try didn't come out as "deep" as the first. Any suggestions for another setting to try?

Unknown said...

Will this work on a silhouette Portrait machine? I would like to see more information on etching on plexiglass. What thickness would you recommend on glass or plexiglass?

Dave in Carthage said...

Curious as to whether the engraving tool can be used to score glass for stained glass projects?

Amy Chomas said...

David I have never tried but if you do and have success with it please let me know so I can share it.

Unknown said...

I am wondering what the difference is between the Precision and Engraving Tips? I have read you can use either with my Explore Air 2. I have been creating stencils and then use etching cream to etch glass. I want to know which tip I should get for etching glass. This article says the Engraving tip but I have read the Precision tip is good for details.
Let me know please.
Thanks so much!
Sheri