Easier shopping is here!

For those that wanted easier shopping, click on the shopping tab above or visit http://www.amychomas.com/

We are now taking credit card payments, or you can still use paypal! Any questions, you can send them to amyc222@yahoo.com

Want to learn how to use your new holders? Look to the right of my blog to see everything in categories!





Friday, February 25, 2011

Polymer clay and the Chomas Creations engraving tip!

So I get this email from Nichole, lil' star, wanting to show me what she did with baked polymer clay and the Chomas Creations engraving tip!  I just love when people share what they have been up to with the Chomas Creations products because while I try to think of everything, I just can't!  And look how cool this turned out, I never would have thought to try it, thanks sooo much for sharing Nichole!

These are the directions Nichole gave me about how she did this barette!
The polymer clay was about 1/8th an inch thick after baking. I use

Sure Cuts A Lot, but I'm sure it would work in Cricut Design Center
just the same. The designs on the barrette are standard shapes that
come with the latest version of Sure Cuts A Lot under the Swirls
category. The image was engraved about 6 times before unloading it.
There was some powdery residue that was easily removed by putting
clear tape over it and then removing it. The residue stuck to the
tape.
I used a low tack double stick tape under the clay to better adhere it
to the mat. I positioned the clay close to the corner nearest the
blade so I could see that the blade was in position to clear the clay
and engrave the image.
I think it is very cool that you have created these Cricut compatible
products and enjoy being able to purchase from the inventor of the
product.
Thanks,
...Nichole



Like what you see? Leave a comment to let me know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! I really need to get this tip!

Maria said...

What a great idea!! Puts ideas in my head :)