Easier shopping is here!

For those that wanted easier shopping, click on the shopping tab above or visit http://www.amychomas.com/

We are now taking credit card payments, or you can still use paypal! Any questions, you can send them to amyc222@yahoo.com

Want to learn how to use your new holders? Look to the right of my blog to see everything in categories!





Sunday, July 29, 2012

Taylor with Chomas Creations adjustable marker holder

Look what made its way into my life this last week... It is a Zing!  Sandy of  I love KNK figured I needed one becaues she wants to see what I can do with it!  I have been playing with it with some of the Chomas Creations tools, and can I just say, WOW THAT IS SOME POWER!  First I tried it out on a metal 12x12 sheet I had big plans for with the Chomas Creations engraving tip, and this is what I got with it in the Zing!
I used these settings in the Zing:  force 160  speed 10 and multi-cut of 3-5 (didn't make enough of a difference to do 3, 4 or 5 so I will just stick with 3 next time)

Then I wanted to see what it would do on acrylic!  The settings are as listed.  The same meal sheet is behind the acrylic so that I could get a picture of it.
Of course I also had to test out the Chomas Creations adjustable marker holder!  I did try one of the Papermate Flair pens in the Zing without a holder and as you can see it just can't get a good grip on the marker, it could wobble back and forth.  I'm using Sandy' suggestion of the 25 post it notes in a stack to measure the height of the marker here.
So I used the Chomas Creations adjustable marker holder in the Zing for more support and it left no room for wobble! 
This is a harlequin pattern I made quite awhile ago for MTC.  You can get the file here...  harlequin background  I used the Chomas Creations adjustable marker holder with the Papermate Flair pen.  I used a force of 10 and a speed of 10 on the Zing.  After I drew the pattern I used the Copic markers in just a few of the diamond shapes to color them in.
The title was also cut with the Zing.  Smooth like butta!  (that is like butter hehe!)
I kept this page simple and just added some ribbon and a senior picture of my beautiful daughter!
There are so many different kinds of pens you can fit in the Chomas Creations adjustable pen holder for the Zing (this will center the pens in the holder).  Think glue pens and ball point pens and most gel pens, oh my!
Here is a Sakura Glaze gel pen in the Chomas Creations adjustable pen holder drawing with the Zing.


And if it doesn't fit in the adjustable pen holder there is always the Chomas Creations adjustable marker holder!  It holds up to 1/2 inch in diameter and will give all markers the support you need!
Here is the Chomas Creations adjustable marker holder with an ultra fine point Pilot Precise V5 (you can see how smooth it drew the design, and super thin to!)










Like what you see? Leave a comment to let me know!

1 comment:

Renae said...

Love it! I am a zing owner too and am very excited to see what your stuff can do with the zing. I am a former 13" KNK owner that didn't have the jaw type blade holder element, so I have been unable to use your product until know. I definitely need to check again into your products now!