Easier shopping is here!

For those that wanted easier shopping, click on the shopping tab above or visit http://www.amychomas.com/

We are now taking credit card payments, or you can still use paypal! Any questions, you can send them to amyc222@yahoo.com

Want to learn how to use your new holders? Look to the right of my blog to see everything in categories!





Monday, August 15, 2011

Dog tags with the Chomas Creations engraving tip!

Oooh I had a cute pink flamingo page all prepared for today and have to wait till tomorrow to show you cause of how excited I am about the dog tags I made last night with the Chomas Creations engraving tip!
I found these Darice blank tags in stars, hearts and circles at a craft store.
I added them to my scanner and scanned them in with a white sheet of paper on top of them so they would show up better.
I used the trace function in Make-the-Cut to trace in the shapes.
I then used the Chomas Creations mini gel pen holder to draw the shapes out onto a scrap piece of paper.
Next I used some of the Zip Dry glue to attach the tags on top of my drawn shapes.  The Zip Dry glue is like rubber cement and will rub away off of the back of your shapes when you are done.  I let it dry for a minute so the shapes wouldn't move.
I then put the mat back into the Cricut machine the same way it was when I drew the shapes. I used the thin paths feature in MTC to make the fonts thin that I was using.  (The black on my design is to hide my phone number, it is not on the actual pattern)
I inserted the Chomas Creations engraving tip and used multi-cut of 3 to engrave or etch the words into my tags. 
This was tough to get a good picture of, and of course I had to blur out the rest of my phone number, but I hope you get the idea!!!  I'm sure there are more types of tags out there you could do the same thing with!  My new puppy will be wearing the heart one hehe!  You could use this same idea for anything you want to either draw on, or engrave on.  Click on the photos to see them even better.











Like what you see? Leave a comment to let me know!

5 comments:

Tami B. said...

This is one of those ideas that make you squeal. So many ideas & possibilities, love it!

Lesle Alvarado said...

Uh . . . neato!

Unknown said...

So creative

Bunnyfreak said...

So cool that you can do this.

Maude Quintana said...

Oh, thanks for the tips! I’d probably just do this ‘cos my dog is constantly losing his tag. At least, I can just make him another one like this. And I can even hand out some for his buddies this coming Easter. :D